If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Early morning light

This morning I had to go for an early walk.  I was just thinking that it seemed like a lot of animals were out in the morning sun...and then out of the corner of my eye I noticed a little golden head and eyes peaking out of a burrow.


This is such a classic view of a Burrowing Owl, I couldn't help showing it!

P.S.  This photo was taken from a distance with a zoom lens and then heavily cropped.

1 comment:

Leth Benz said...

This is beyond cool! I haven't seen this before - what a treat!

In Oahu I keep my eye out for the short eared owls, Pueo in Hawaiian! There used to be two living on Coconut Island that would come out at dusk. One flew over and perched on our balcony for a brief moment, it was beautiful!

As always - thanks for sharing!