If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Fins in the waves

The other day I started thinking about the Bottlenose Dolphins that have been observed in the area during the last few years.  I hadn't seen them recently (I think the last time was off Pinnacle Gulch during July 2016), so I wondered if they had moved elsewhere.  And then we saw a few off Salmon Creek Beach on 17 November 2016.  These dolphins looked relatively small; perhaps they were younger animals?


I'm guessing other folks have seen Bottlenose Dolphins in our area from time to time.  If so, let me know!  I'd love to hear about your sightings.  It'd be fun to keep track of where they're spending their time, and if they continue to be seen regularly in Bodega Bay.

P.S.  For previous posts about Bottlenose Dolphins, see links below:

17 September 2014 (Dolphins in the surf)
1 March 2015 (Spirited)
13 July 2015 (Through the fog)
12 January 2016 (The leap and the line)
 

No comments: