If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Rose Quartz and Serenity

I know, I know...you've probably been wondering why I haven't yet posted about the 2016 Pantone Color of the Year.  ;)

Well, I'll admit that at first I was a little uncertain about the choice of this year's color.  They actually chose two colors but it's not "Colors of the Year," it's "Color of the Year". 

When we heard that they chose Rose Quartz (pale pink) and Serenity (pale blue), Eric and I wondered about what we could find in nature to represent both of those colors at once.  

There are probably quite a few options, but we first recognized it in the sky.  These colors are often paired at sunrise and sunset.  So here you go!

Sunrise from Cotati on 11 February 2016:



Sunset from Bodega Head on 11 February 2016: 



P.S.  If you'd like to see last year's post including the 2015 Pantone Color of the Year (=Marsala), click here.
 

No comments: