If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Leaping through the year

I wanted to find something appropriate for a "leap day" perhaps a frog?  I failed to find one today, but I still had fun trying.  

My heart leaps every time I'm able to spend time outdoors making natural history observations.  This afternoon I felt lucky to spot this handsome animal in the distance.

[Click on the image for a slightly larger version.]


 Bobcat (Lynx rufus), Bodega Bay, 28 February 2016
 
Enjoy your extra day, and may you experience many natural history moments throughout the year that make your heart leap.

2 comments:

Alice Chan said...

Oh, thank you! Photos of these gorgeous cats always make my day!

Jackie Sones said...

Hi, Alice!

You're welcome! Glad you liked the "kitty" as much as I did.

:) Jackie