If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Remembering 2008

A couple of days ago I read that the storm arriving tonight and tomorrow could be similar to the one we experienced in 2008.  That brought back a lot of memories, so I reviewed some pictures and thought I'd share one from the day after that storm.  

Waves reached heights of about 30 feet on 5-6 January 2008.  The pictures I took during the storm don't really do them justice the ocean mostly looks gray and white.  I got some better pictures the day after, when the skies started to clear and the ocean had calmed down a bit.


Tomorrow the forecast is for rain, with 30-40 knot winds, gusts to 55 knots, and combined seas of 16-22 feet.  We'll see what that looks like!  Be careful out there.

No comments: