If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Finally, some rain!



And I think just about everyone and everything was enjoying the rain today.  

We left work a little late, and encountered a couple of California Red-legged Frogs (Rana draytonii) in the dark, wet night.

Red-legged Frogs are not common on Bodega Head, but occasionally are reported dispersing during rainy conditions.  We watched very carefully to make sure they made it safely across the road.


I've always loved looking into frogs eyes.  It's like gazing into another galaxy, with swirls of pearlescent patterns floating over deep black backdrops.  I don't know why their eyes are so beautiful, but I'm very thankful for the chance to admire them every now and then.

No comments: